So you’ve learned all about the benefits of FSM software and how it can increase your profits, and now you’re, naturally, wondering what the best field service management software options are. Well, you’re definitely in the right place. There are lots of options out there, and the best FSM software will depend on your needs. But we’ve rounded up the three best options for the vast majority of small and medium businesses. There’s something here whether you’re a sole trader looking for a budget solution to get you started or a larger business with 1000 employees looking for an all-in-one solution that’ll do everything you need.
1. Optsy — Best field service management software for small businesses
If you have less than 100 staff members and an annual revenue of less than $25 million, Optsy is the best FSM software solution for you. It includes everything you need to manage your business, reduce your overheads and increase your sales and profits, and it integrates with Quickbooks, so you can easily manage your finances and taxes too. (If you don’t use Quickbooks, you can easily export your data to your chosen accounting tool.) And the interface is reminiscent of tools you’ll already familiar with, so it have a very shallow learning curve.
- Familiar, easy-to-use interface
- Quickbooks integration
- Excellent customer service
- Lifetime pricing options are available
- Expensive if you don’t need all the features
If you choose to pay monthly, you’ll pay $189/month for your first user and an additional $139/month for each additional user. Support, updates and training are included in those fees.
Alternatively, you can save big by buying lifetime licenses:
- $1,895 for lifetime access for your first user
- $1,395 for lifetime access for each additional staff member
When you buy a lifetime license, you’ll also get one year of free support and training. If you’d like support beyond that, you’ll pay just 18% of your lifetime fee per year.
No matter which option you choose, the mobile app is just $40/user/month and hosting is $150/month. (You’re welcome to host the software yourself for free.)
2. MSI’s Service Pro® — Best mid-market FSM software for mission-critical service providers
If you’ve got 100-1000 employees in your business, MSI’s Service Pro® FSM software is the best choice for your business. Users particularly love its dispatch features, and it’s a great choice for companies that repair, install, maintain, and inspect complex, mission-critical equipment like fire and life safety systems, medical equipment, power generators, and construction equipment as it was specifically designed for those kinds of companies,
- Puprose-built for companies that specialize in providing services for mission-critical equipment
- Excellent dispatching features
- Syncing data when technicians are on sites without reception can be temperamental
MSI’s pricing is not publicly available but users rate it as being at the high end of average.
3. Connecteam — Best budget field service management software
Popular with small businesses on tight budgets, Connecteam is a good option if want to start with the bare minimum features to save money.
- Cheap options are available if you don’t need all the features and are a lighter user
- Not as many features as are available with other FSM tools
- Some features impose usage limits
- Multiple pricing plans means getting exactly what you need can be confusing
$39-159/month for 12 months (depending on the plan).
The best field service management software option features comparison
If you want to deep-dive into the capabilities of each of these software options, here’s a full list of the features offered by each, compare side-by-side to make it easier for you to determine which is best for your business. And, if you have any questions about Optsy’s FSM software capabilities or features, don’t hesitate to get in touch or schedule a free demo.